# Week 5 - Lighting

" What mistakes did you make last time ? "

The lighting of the scene took much longer than I expected it to take. This week was all about trial and error. Unfortunately, I did not learn from my mistakes and I made the same mistakes a few times.


Making the same mistakes cost me a lot of unnecessary hours.
The scene is an outdoor environment, therefore the lighting setup was supposed to be much easier than the lighting of an indoor environment. I first tried to do a basic lighting setup, using an HDRI map for my main light source and background. I added a few more lights around my scene to highlight different areas.

What I didn't take into account when I planned to make an outdoor environment was the render time. It took me 6-7 hours to render out a single frame in Blender. During the week I made many mistakes and did not check if every single thing was in place before I rendered, therefore I had to re-render my image many times.

Final Outcome of the Week:

The lighting that I currently have will most probably change again due to render time. I changed my original lighting setup and overall lighting to reduce the render time. By the end of the week, I learned that focus is a key aspect and is the main cause of my mistakes. Rendering my lighting still took a few hours, but I could have done it sooner if I made fewer mistakes.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts